October 13, 2007

Annual Apple Picking Tradition

Savannah's first apple picking trip. She loved chewing on the apples.


We went to Forge Hill Orchards yesterday (10-12) to pick apples. This has been a family tradition for many, many years. The kids love going. The last two years we have been going with the Hilt family. I think that the daddies have more fun than the kids, though, because they try to find the biggest apples that they can. Jason is going to be making apple dumplings this week and I can't wait for that. Yummy!!! He uses his grandmother's recipe and they turn out really good. Lydia needed to tell something in her class at school that reminds her of fall. And she said going to the orchard to pick apples.

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Oh man...we love it also....yummy!

Jamie said...

We haven't gone yet this year...it looks like so much fun.
And Jason makes apple dumplings? That is amazing! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I never knew he was so talented. :D