November 22, 2009

Marshall's First Lost Tooth


Marshall lost his first tooth a few weeks ago. The new one was growing in behind it and we decided it was time for that tooth to come out! He was so excited. When he went to bed, I had him put his tooth in a plastic ziploc bag and put it on his dresser because he sleeps on the top bunk of a bunk bed. Well, he did what I asked and I forgot to exchange the tooth for money!! Oops!! He was devastated the next morning. I felt horrible!! So, I found some money for him (we never have cash lying around) and went in his room while he was downstairs and placed the money on his desk and covered it with a few papers. I also wrote a note to him from the 'tooth fairy' that said that since this was his first tooth to lose, he could keep it. I had him come upstairs and said that he must have accidentally covered it up while frantically looking for it. He was so excited!! Crisis solved!! Whew!! He has since lost another one. He is starting to look like a jack-o-lantern!

1 comment:

Katie said...

When we've had the tooth fairy forget to come (yes, it's happened more than once...) we've had excuses like bad weather (boy was that a lucky one) just lots of kids losing teeth last night, maybe she couldn't find it, it fell out too close to bedtime...so far so good though