March 21, 2008

Awesome Pineapple Glaze Recipe

Every year for Easter and Christmas I have to make the ham. I found this recipe when Jason and I first got married and made it for my family. So, each year I get designated the ham cooker. Try it out, I guarantee you will like it. I normally double the recipe. The more pineapple the better.

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 can (8 1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple in syprup, undrained
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mustard

Mix brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in 1-quart saucepan. Stir in pineapple, lemon juice and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.

You want to pour over cooked ham about 30 minutes before you take ham out of oven. Bake. It smells wonderful and tastes even better. I usually cut the ham before I pour the sauce because then the sauce really soaks and coats the ham well. Hope you like it as much as we do. YUM!!!

No comments: