May 23, 2008

Update

So, we are not buying that house now. The USDA people came back and decided that they were not going to finance us because of what they call "payment shock". We only pay $470.00 a month and our mortgage would be double. I guess that scared them. So then they suggested the FHA. Well, Jason is "projected" to make too much money this year because of working overtime and therefore we do not qualify for the $5000 grant to help with closing and stuff. We can't give up the overtime. We need it. SO, our agent told us to give it more time and there are other programs available. Oh, and with the FHA we would have to show a steady $4100 in our bank account for a certain amount of time. Yeah, right!! Who can do that? Did they forget that we have 4 kids and I don't work?? Give me a break!! So, our plan is to move and rent for a year and try again next year. This whole process started out really pleasant and just got to be a big pain in the butt!!! But we were able to get our deposit back which is good because we need it to move. UHHH.....

Anyway, that is where we are at. We called it quits on this whole buying a house process. We just feel that we wasted close to two months on this. However, it was a learning experience for us. Now we will be better prepared next year.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I can't imagine how disappointed you are! I am so sorry. I told brian yesterday that I probably would have cried if that had happened to us. We just have to know that it is all in the plan and for some reason you weren't meant to get that house yet. I am sorry!

J, E, M & I said...

You guys will find the right house one day!! I hope you find one in our ward!! =)

Jamie said...

Oh no! What a pain! I know how stressful the whole home-buying process can be (not to mention emotionally exhausting!) If you have any questions about different programs, etc, please feel free to call Andy. Seriously, even if you decide not to go through him, he would be more than happy to help answer any questions you might have.

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Sorry it didn't work out Dusty, we were excited for you guys. Thanks for the picture in the mail the other day, its so cute.