Those of you who know me well know that I don't sew. Well, every Tuesday night there are a bunch of women from our ward that get together and sew or make various projects. So I decided to check it out one week and LOVED IT!! We go to Sis. Matthew's barn that is converted into an awesome and massive sewing room. She has tons of material and about 8 sewing machines to use. You don't have to bring anything with you. She also helps you out. Which is what I needed a lot of. Help. I hadn't touched a sewing machine since high school. I was able to make this tote bag. Last week I took Lydia and Marshall to Walmart to pick out some material to use for pillowcases. Lydia picked a striped (teal, pink, black and white) material and Marshall picked Lightning McQueen from "Cars". Lydia's is finished and this week I'll do Marshall's. The pillowcases are very simple to make. I am so excited about this new hobby and am finally doing something that is just for me. I took Lydia last week but normally go myself. I leave the kids with daddy. He manages just fine with all three. :) Who knows what project I'll attempt next.
3 comments:
Congrats and good work!
Nice updates. I can't believe Lydia is already losing her teeth! Seems crazy. Savannah's looks have changed from an infant. She looks a lot like Lydia (I think). I'm glad you didn't drive through that flooded creek!! We like having you guys around. :D
Awesome! When I'm feeling better I'll have to come with you one of these times. Looks fun. :-)
Post a Comment