I got this book a few weeks ago that is called "A Mother's Joys" and is full of quotes and sayings. It is really neat. Enjoy!!
"A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." (Victor Hugo)
Sometimes the best and most difficult advice a mother can give her grown children is none.
"As a mother, I must faithfully, patiently, lovingly, and happily do my part - then quietly wait for God to do His." (Ruth Bell Graham)
"Her chubby hands crept round my neck and wispered words I can't forget. They cast a light upon my soul - On secrets no one knew. They startled me, I hear them yet: 'Someday I'll be like you!'" (Unknown)
God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. (Jewish proverb.)
"Who ran to help me when I fell, and would some pretty story tell, or kiss the place to make it well? My mother." (Ann Taylor)
"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." (Abraham Lincoln)
(This next one is so true)
The young mother hates to admit that she actually is sorry when her baby starts sleeping through the night. She will miss those still, focused minutes in the morning's wee hours when she and her little one cuddled in the big armchair, delighted to have the world and each other all to themselves for just a while.
A mother understands what a child does not say. (Jewish proverb)
"A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." (Sophia Loren)
As a mother yourself, you are startled to hear your own Mother's words coming out of your mouth, words you swore you would never say. What's really scary is "because I said so" now makes perfect sense.
"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together." (Pearl Buck)
A mother is not to be compared with another person - she is incomparable. (African proverb)
1 comment:
Those were some great quotes. I'll have to remember them when Mother's Day comes around. :D
As for your other post, I can't believe Marshall jumped in!! What a boy! And Lydia, with a boyfriend? Oh my goodness!
Post a Comment