January 10, 2008

Newest Update...And Picture


Sorry it has been soooooo long since I updated my blog. I just had an ultrasound tonite and apparently she weighs about 8 1/2 lbs. That is huge for me. I still have close to two weeks until my due date and babies gain a lot of weight here in the end. If I make it until my due date, they will do another ultrasound and we will then decide what we want to do as far as delivering her. I do not want a c-section but I am not real keen on pushing out a 9lb. plus baby either. Hopefully something will happen before then. I am dilated to a 1 and my cervix is still really thick. So, there was no way to strip my membranes. I also asked about inducing now. But since my cervix isn't ready, that is not an option right now. I told my midwife that I have been pregnant for approximately two years with only a short break between.
This is the first time I have seen an ultrasound like this aside from an advertisement. After the tech was finished taking measurements, he told us that he just got some new toys and wanted to play around a little. We didn't know he was talking about this type of ultrasound. It was amazing to watch. He zoomed in on a foot and we were able to count toes. In this picture, her arm is up by her head. That is why it looks a little funny on the right side. But there were times that it looked like an alien in my belly. It was really cool to watch.

2 comments:

J, E, M & I said...

can't wait to meet her! :)

Jamie said...

Oh Dusty, I bet that ultrasound was so much fun to watch! I'm sure it makes it more REAL to know that there is an actualy baby in there.
Good luck!!!!!!! Hopefully she makes her appearance soon! :D