April 25, 2008

Update on the House....

http://CRREALTYONLINE.COM

Well, we are not buying the house that I previously wrote about. In fact, I deleted that post. My grandparent (Shoemaker) saw an add in the newspaper for a house and called the number. They spoke with a man named Dave who then called us. He works for CR Realty. We met with him and one of their finance people and went over some financial things. We told him what we were looking for, how much we could afford to pay each month, etc. He took us the next day to look at three houses. There was one that Jason really liked (me, not so much) but it already had an offer in and we couldn't beat it. So, he emailed us all of his listings. That is where we saw the house in York Haven. Dave drove us out a few days later to look at it and Jason and I both fell in love with this house. It is a semi-detached (or duplex), three story with a 1/4 acre lot. It has been completely redone on the inside and out. New carpet, new paing, new central air, new appliances, new cabinets and cupboards, new hardwood floor in dining room. Just beautiful. The third story was converted into a bedroom that is large enough that we could actually put all three girls up there at some point. There is one and a half bathrooms, ceiling fans in livingroom and kitchen. A laundry room off the kitchen with a door that goes out into the backyard. There is so much that we love about this house. Anyway, we filled out all the paperwork and we are now waiting for the underwriters to do their thing and hopefully we will close next week. The goal is to have everything signed by April 30. We are soooo excited!!! The kids loved the house. Initially we will put Lydia and Marshall on the third floor because I want the babies down with us. And I know that Lydia will not stay up there by herself at first. Once we close on the house, I will post pictures of it before we move in and after. We are so glad that the plans for the other house fell through because we love this one so much more!! I would definitely recommend people who are looking to buy a house to contact the company we are using. The are the ones with the signs everywhere stating "We buy all realestate". We have had such a pleasant experience working with them. And they do an excellent job when the renovate homes. Beautiful!! So, anyway, wish us luck!! To see the house, I put a link on my homepage under "Our new house", go to "see our listings" and our house is the second one listed. The address is 106 Fallsview St. The picture that says livingroom with closet is actually one of the upstairs bedrooms.

2 comments:

J, E, M & I said...

We will miss you all every Sunday, but we are very happy for your family. The house looks really great! Can't wait to see it!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! =D