November 1, 2008

The Pheasant Hunter








(Savannah kept petting the bird. I don't think she realized it wasn't moving.)


Jason took Marshall pheasant hunting earlier this week and Marshall "shot" his first pheasant. Marshall took his BB gun along. As they were walking, they kicked up a bird. Jason shot and missed it the first time, so Marshall put up his BB gun and just as he was pulling the trigger, Jason shot again and killed the bird. Marshall thinks that he shot the bird. He told Jason that he didn't know that he (Jason) put a bullet in his gun. So, we let Marshall think that he shot it. He was so excited to show me his pheasant when he got home. I thought something was wrong because they were only gone for about an hour. They were back so fast because they got their limit of 2 birds. Jason got one and Marshall got one. Way to go Marshall!!! We are going to have some good dinners next week.

1 comment:

Mindee Graver said...

I bet Marshall just had a blast! How fun for him to "shoot" his first bird! I love how Savvy was petting the bird, poor girl has no idea that that's what she is having for dinner this week!! LOL!