We went to Gettysburg on July 3rd. When Jason first suggested that we go there on that particular day, I thought that he was absolutely insane!! I knew that the reinactors (spelling?) we in town and that a ton of tourists would be there as well. We parked at a McDonalds and walked around town. There were little encampments set up at various spots. And many picture taking opportunities. Marshall was a little leary of the people that were dressed up until we told them that they were just people dressed up. Then he was okay. Although to get a picture of him with Pres. Lincoln, he had to be bribed. Pres. Lincoln gave him a shiny new penny. That was all it took. Marshall was sold!! Jason and I would like to go back and spend a weekend there just the two of us because there is so much to do and see. There was a lot that we couldn't go in because of the stroller. Overall, it was a wonderful day. Weather was great and the kids were awesome!!
Life with three girls and one boy can get pretty crazy. But we wouldn't have it any other way!!
July 10, 2009
Gettysburg
We went to Gettysburg on July 3rd. When Jason first suggested that we go there on that particular day, I thought that he was absolutely insane!! I knew that the reinactors (spelling?) we in town and that a ton of tourists would be there as well. We parked at a McDonalds and walked around town. There were little encampments set up at various spots. And many picture taking opportunities. Marshall was a little leary of the people that were dressed up until we told them that they were just people dressed up. Then he was okay. Although to get a picture of him with Pres. Lincoln, he had to be bribed. Pres. Lincoln gave him a shiny new penny. That was all it took. Marshall was sold!! Jason and I would like to go back and spend a weekend there just the two of us because there is so much to do and see. There was a lot that we couldn't go in because of the stroller. Overall, it was a wonderful day. Weather was great and the kids were awesome!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay, more pictures. So wow your kids are growing up so fast. They are getting so big. This looks so fun and I would have loved to be there with you guys. I love history and seeing it. What a cool experience for your kids. They will remember it forever.
Yay, more pictures. So wow your kids are growing up so fast. They are getting so big. This looks so fun and I would have loved to be there with you guys. I love history and seeing it. What a cool experience for your kids. They will remember it forever.
Yay, more pictures. So wow your kids are growing up so fast. They are getting so big. This looks so fun and I would have loved to be there with you guys. I love history and seeing it. What a cool experience for your kids. They will remember it forever.
Sorry :) My computer wouldn't add my comment so I kept hitting it and now you get it 3 times. haha sorry
Post a Comment