July 10, 2009

Matthew Kenyon




Matthew Kenyon is Jason's great, great, great grandfather (I think I have all the "greats" in there). He fought with the 49th Infantry during the Civil War. The first time Jason and I saw this memorial (a few years ago), it was very moving. We were just driving along and he decided to stop at the Pennsylvania Memorial. Jason walked right up to the plaques and immediately saw Matthew Kenyon's name. He didn't know that that was where he was listed. Over July 4th weekend this year, we took the kids to Gettysburg. Some would say we were crazy to go at that time. But it was great! Yes, a lot of people. But an educational experience for our children. Jason explained to them who Matthew Kenyon is to them. Lydia still talks about that day.

1 comment:

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

How cool is that. I got goose bumps when I read and thought about that. What a cool thing for Jason and your kids to see and experience.