April 24, 2009

Finished Projects






These are some sewing projects that I have completed. (Apron, pillowcases, totes, halloween trick or treat bags, pirate vest.) I go to a sewing group on Tuesday nights. A lady in our ward has an awesome set up in her barn that she has converted into a sort-of workroom. There are about 8 machines and tons of work space. She has a room full of material that you can use. I have learned a lot by going there. Most of all, I have learned that I actually like to sew!! I haven't sewn anything since I was in ninth grade. I hated it then. But I think it was because I had to do it for a grade. Now I am doing it for fun. This year I need to make Heidi a trick or treat bag. I made the apron because I am constantly soaking the front of my shirts when I wash dishes. I don't have any problems while cooking. Just washing dishes. Jason laughs and says that I am getting "all domestic". Now I just need to buy my own machine so I can work on things at home. If anyone has one that they don't use or would like to sell, please let me know. :0)

2 comments:

Donsher said...

WOW again! you have discovered a great talent, you're a natural...trust me i should know, i have sewed for 25 years....and i still suck! Congrads, Betty Croker!!

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Dusty those are all and fun things and super cute. Nice job. I wish I was there and I would go with you every Tuesday. I can sew, but not good and I mostly make up what I am doing the whole time and guess. I am very impressed.