April 24, 2009

Jelly Roll Quilt

I am in the process of making a "jelly roll" quilt. You cut material in 2 1/2" wide strips. In the pattern that I chose, I then sewed together 5 strips. I have not sewn together the rows of material yet. They are still in squares. None of the strips of material are the same. But they are all in the pink/mauve tones. Some are flower prints, checked prints, etc. I think it will turn out really pretty when I am done. I am making a quilt for Savannah because we are moving her up to a "big girl" bed. I need to sew and cut more material to make three more rows. Then I will add a border all around it. Then the padding in the middle and a back. I am quilting it too. Not tying it. This is my first quilt and I am REALLY excited to see how it turns out.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't wait to see pics of the finished product. It sounds really cute!

J, E, M & I said...

It looks great! I need to get back to the Barn!!

Donsher said...

That is awesome!! It is a very ambitious for a first quilt, way to go! The Amish have nothing on you;}

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

So cute, make sure you post the finished project.

Ashley said...

Woah, you are flying on that thing! You've done a ton since I last saw it, it's looking very cute.